Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Meme: Only Ten

I just saw that at Untimately's blog: "If you could only keep ten of your printed RPG books, which would you pick?"

That is at once difficult and easy... let's see: I am going to follow the rules that Untimately followed: I have to own it and I value the content of the book. I am going to treat boxed sets as one single item.

  • AD&D 1st Edition Players Handbook Premium Reprint (nostalgia & useable rules)
  • AD&D 1st Edition Dungeon Masters Guide Premium Reprint (nostalgia & useable rules)
  • AD&D 1st Edition Monster Handbook Premium Reprint (nostalgia & useable rules)
  • Dark Sun Original Boxed Set (sentimental value, art work and innovation)
  • World of Darkness Rulebook
  • Vampire: The Requiem (most popular game in my gaming group)
  • Dark Ages Vampire Limited Edition (if I keep it, I keep the best I have; I like Vampire: The Dark Ages better, but the mechanics are more solid)
  • V20 Anniversary Edition
  • Titan - The Fighting Fantasy World (original, not reprint)
  • Out of the Pit - Fighting Fantasy Monsters (original, not reprint)
So as you can see, my love for RPGs is split between AD&D, Vampire and Fighting Fantasy.

I am glad that Dungeon World isn't out yet, because it will displace one of those books.

1 comment:

  1. The original Dark Sun boxed set is great.

    I'm not very familiar with Fighting Fantasy, but that Out of the Pit book looks promising.

    ReplyDelete