Saturday, November 26, 2011

What's in a name?

I almost named the blog "The Weird Warlock from Beyond the Drowning Woods", but that would've been a tad too much. I got the name by some creative of Raggi's Weird Fantasy Module Names generator. He is also the publisher of a great game called Lamentations of the Flame Princess. Go check it out. It is cool, it is weird and it is an old school rpg.

Old school, because I am not really comfortable anymore with new school gaming and the 21st century batch of the oldest fantasy game in the world: Dungeons & Dragons. It's just too complicated, too involved and ultimately too time consuming in preparations. Just my 0.02 € on this.

I like to create worlds, I like to let my imagination run wild and spring my creations on my players. As a reference for rules, I'll be using aforementioned Lotfp, because I like the weird bent it has, and because I already own the grindhouse edition, and the rule book sans art is available for free at http://lotfp.blogspot.com/. That'll help my players.

So that's what this blog is going to be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment